Welcome to the PH Schwäbisch Gmünd
The University of Education Schwäbisch Gmünd with its 2,700 students offers a wide range of higher education programmes with a focus on Education, Health and Cultural Diversity
- Teacher training for primary education (B.A./M.A.)
- Teacher training for lower secondary education (B.A./M.A.)
- Teacher training for vocational education (in collaboration with the Aalen University of Applied Sciences)
- Early childhood education (B.A./M.A.)
- Health promotion (B.A./M.A.)
- Intercultural relations and integration (M.A.)
Our teacher training students specialize in the following subjects: German Language and Literature, English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Applied Science, Fine Arts, Music, Physical Education, Religious Education (Cahtolic and Lutheran denominations), Geography, History, Sociology, Political Science, Technology, Food & Nutrition.
Doctoral and Post-doctoral degrees
Dr. phil., Dr. paed., Dr. habil.
The University of Education is characterized by intensive research activities, including both fundamental and applied approaches, with particular fields of interests in empirical education and school research, as well as research in teaching methodology for individual school subjects. Research takes place in numerous co-operations with universities, schools, companies and other institutions inside and outside Germany. Research and teaching are closely related to each other. Students are often integrated into research projects.
Some of our strong research areas
- Early childhood education
- Health promotion
- Migrant studies
- Didactis of mathematics
- Life-long learning
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) education
- Early language and literacy development and disorders
- Bilingual language learning in preschools and primary schools
We work closely with more than 40 partner universities worldwide to promote the international exchange of scholars, students and ideas. International exchange students and staff find very comfortable and welcoming surroundings where they quickly feel at home. The International office offers them a full range of services and activities – from orientation, affordable accommodation to social and cultural activities and free German language courses.